Make a Drone at the DIY Showcase – 2 Hour Workshop
Join us on February 20th and build your very own drone!
The Maker Garden has partnered once again with Drone Expert Marcus Dickinson from X4 Drones, Durham Regions leading drone solutions provider. In this 2 hour class you will put together a kit which you can customize and make your very own.
We’ll guide you through this step by step process where you’ll learn the basics of drone construction and Marcus will provide you with some basic information about drone safety and flying techniques.
What we provide:
- Drone kit with all the necessary parts to build your drone
- Instruction to build your very own drone
- Tools necessary for the project
- Instruction on best practices for flying your drone
- Information booklet on customizing your new drone
What your drone has and can do:
- Latest 6-axis flight control system with adjustable sensitivity
- High visibility LEDs for safety, night flying and blink as low battery indicator
- Soft foot pads help absorb shock from hard landings
- Manual Acrobatic mode – rolls and flips
- Expert and Anti-flip modes
- 40 km/h top speed
- Stable flight in up to 15 km/h cross wind
- Control distance of 100 meters
- Durable composite plastic shell
- 7 mm coreless motors
- Flight time: 9+ minutes (more with 380 mAh or 500 mAh battery)
- Charging time: ~ 30 minutes
- USB charging cable allows batteries to be charged from your computer
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. As we will be using soldering irons and other making tools all participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
4th Annual DIY Showcase
DATE AND TIME
Monday February 20th, 10AM – 3PM
66 Simcoe Street South
Oshawa, ON (FREE PARKING)