HOW TO PREPARE
What to Wear:
- Closed-toed shoes
- Long pants
- No loose clothing or accessories
- Long hair (tied back if necessary)
- Basic protective gear is provided. (Eg: safety glasses, gloves, ear protection).
- Though it’s not necessary, if you plan to be a frequent user of the Maker Space you are encouraged to invest in your own protective gear.
- If you have allergies, or are sensitive to dust, we encourage you to bring your own work mask.
What to Bring:
- Any required project or practice materials.
- Any fees payable to the instructor.
- Something with which to take notes. (Eg: notebook, laptop) Check your class description for more details.
- Note: You do not need to bring a printed ticket with you to your class. We’re all for saving trees and will check you in electronically!
When to Arrive:
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your first class to allow for check-in procedures.
Note: Unless you know finding parking may prove difficult you don’t need to mention it.
When you get here:
- Just give your name to a “Shoperon” at the front desk, and tell them what class you’re here for.
- At the start of each class you’ll sign a sign-in sheet and receive a badge. Keep the badge handy in case you need to leave and re-enter the building.
Weather and Emergency Closures:
On rare occasions we may cancel class and close the workshop if the weather is really bad, or if there’s an emergency of some sort. Your instructor or trainer, or one of our volunteers, will contact you via email and/or phone to inform you of specific class cancellations, and we’ll update our website, calendar and social media with the closure information. Please feel free to email [email protected]with any questions about class cancellations.